Keep Calm, Smile and Carry-on – as a service attendant, an abundant amount of patience, social skill, and perseverance are what’s going to help you flourish.
A good dining experience doesn’t start and end with just the food presented on the plate. The best way to accomplish this task is to exceed dining customers’ expectations and be a good team player by efficiently communicating orders to the kitchen staff and promptly delivering prepared food back to the table.
- Greet and escort guests/customers to their allocated tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies, promotions, daily special etc.)
- Offer menu recommendations upon request and aptly suggest additional options
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS, order slips or tablet or iPad
- Ask customers about their dietary restrictions before making recommendations
- Aptly inform kitchen staff of order details, in particular VIP, special instructions, etc
- Serve guest orders as per restaurant standards
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area at all times
- Review order dockets to guarantee correct and efficient preparations for orders received to present the accurate final bill to guests and process payment
- To check the accuracy of bill/checks before presenting to customer or processing the payment
- Clear and carry soiled plates, glasses and silverware to bussing station for washing
- Meet with the team during daily briefings for review of daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties, events)
- Follow all relevant Work Place Safety, Food Safety and Health Department regulations
- To perform the outlet’s Opening and Closing procedures
- Ad-hoc duties assigned by supervisor
- Min Diploma or equivalent to at least 2 years of relevant experience in food and beverage services
- Good knowledge of Food and Beverage/Wine Service
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and exceptional guest service skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS, InfoGenesis, etc.)
- Good team player, able to perform multiple tasks and ability to support other staff
- Certificate of Basic Food Hygiene Course
We are looking for a hard-working, self-motivated and high-energy individual to join our team as a Restaurant Manager. This position demands creativity daily, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain the highest level of standards.
Being a Barista you must be able to include educating customers or share your knowledge in coffees and teas. Also able to making recommendations based on their palate, suggestive selling of special items and taking orders.
As a Bartender one of your goal is to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Being a good Bartender you must be able to create classic and from sultry to innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
As a Restaurant Captain you are responsible to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and ensure only the highest quality products are being served.